Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful,
and since it’s not Christmas yet…. let the pumpkin reign!
Alright everyone, we are in the weird limbo between Halloween and Thanksgiving where half the population is blasting Christmas tunes and the other half is declaring Christmas commencement doesn’t come until Black Friday., the Christmas commercials have started but pumpkin spice and colored leaves are still all the rage. So, I have a recipe solution for both sides – while the Christmas lovers are decorating their trees and putting up the lights, this delicious dish can be cooking in the way in the crockpot while the décor is set. And for those who soak up every last bit of fall through Thanksgiving, here’s a yummy pumpkin dish to satisfy those pumpkin cravings.
I give you: Crockpot Spicy Pumpkin Chicken Chili!
The gallery was not found!
- 10 oz. shredded kale
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In the bottom of your crockpot, evenly layer the shredded kale and bell peppers
- Lay the chicken breasts on top
- Spread pumpkin over top the chicken
- Sprinkle in all spices
- Pour in chicken stock
- Place that lid, turn to low, and leave it for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, shredded the chicken and let sit for 20+ minutes to allow chicken to soak up the juices.
- Serve over rice, steamed veggies, whole grain pasta, etc.!
Now enjoy, eat, and go in peace to your Christmas joy or Thanksgiving excitement!